Smart Resources is a boutique staffing firm specializing in office support/administrative support staffing! We are presently conducting a search for a Temporary Administrative Assistant for a company that we are working with in the Brookfield, IL area!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Temporary (at least 2 months)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 am - 4 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative support: screening phone calls; preparing correspondence, contracts, and documents for public procurement process; working with contractors to resolve deficiencies with supporting documentation; categorize and facilitate the storage of all capital projects paperwork and electronic documents.
- Composing and editing correspondence; manages incoming calls, email, mail, and calendars; coordinating meetings, appointments and guest visits.
- Arranges meetings and handles all related logistics. Schedules and confirms participants, reserves rooms, arranges for necessary audio/visual equipment, materials, and information, advising others of arrangements and schedules as appropriate. May prepare and distribute agendas; take, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes as required.
- Works with business financial software dealing with budgets, purchase orders, invoices and reports, and can manipulate between financial software and Excel.
- Handles a wide variety of confidential information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum eight years comparable administrative office experience including budgets; facilities purchasing highly desirable.
- Associates degree in Business or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Fundamental understanding of budgets, budget administration and general accounting principles required; understanding of contracts required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Must have training and experience in database software. Ability to use number key pad for data entry.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work and have an eye for detail and accuracy. Strong follow-up and follow-through skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact genuinely and effectively with diverse, multicultural individuals.
***Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly!