Client is a start up catering firm in Evanston, IL. The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of a special event, from conception to execution, while creating a custom, memorable, and seamless client experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for client from initial inquiry through execution of the event, answering emails and phone calls promptly and providing exceptional client service.
- Facilitate client consultation, brainstorm ideas with the client by staying on top of the latest event trends, and develop event concepts that meet the client’ s event goals.
- Create plans, timelines, and proposals for executing event ideas and concepts while remaining within budgetary requirements.
- Review and edit project and event proposals from other team members.
- Develop and oversee the event budget, making adjustments as needed in order to meet the client’ s event goals while remaining within budget.
- Coordinate menu tastings with the catering team for the client.
- Perform venue walkthrough prior to the event to ensure proper setup and execution of the event plan.
- Pack, transport, and deliver event equipment and accessories to the event.
- Coordinate and supervise all event team members to execute the plan smoothly.
- Foster open lines of communication with all team members to create a seamless experience for the client.
- Partner with the designated Chef to ensure front of house and back of house operations are flowing smoothly
- Promote Client in the Chicagoland area by attending monthly networking events; identify and solicit new client leads.
Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position, working 40-50 hours per week on average. Approximately 10-15 hours per week will be spent at events. Must have weekend availability and be reliable. All time-off requests should be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the date(s) needed off. Schedules will be created and provided in advance to all team members.
This is a six (6) month assistant event producer trainee position with the potential to become a full-time event producer position with Client, upon successful completion of the program.
Local travel in the Chicagoland area required in order to attend Client Catering Group events and networking events.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of restaurant experience
- One (1) year of leadership experience
- Experience expediting in the restaurant industry
- Intermediate level skills using Apple Computers (especially Pages and Numbers Apps)
- Reliable transportation in the Chicagoland area
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in one of the following industries: Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality Management OR a certificate in event planning or a related field
- Event coordination and execution experience
- Project management experience
- Experience using Salesforce software
- Experience using Total Party Planner
- Valid Driver’ s License