HR Assistant / Coordinator
Smart Resources Inc. is a full-service, boutique staffing firm located in Oakbrook, IL and Chicago, IL. We are currently recruiting for a HR Assistant role for a Temporary to Hire opportunity located in Oakbrook. Apply today to get your foot in the door with a growing company!
Job Title: HR Assistant/Coordinator
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: $15 to $16 per hour temporary
Partner with and take day to day direction from Benefits Specialist II and Benefit Specialist I to insure all administrative duties related to benefits are completed appropriately and within timelines/deadlines. Assist with open enrollment and wellness program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Record employee changes, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records
- Create and maintain employee benefit files and other record keeping
- Process employee new hires, changes and terms at employee, client, and carrier level
- Ensure all request forms are complete
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process
- Assist with an individual specialty – Large Group/Healthcare Facilities
- Process open enrollment benefit plan transfers
- Enter and maintain information on HRIS; confirm accuracy of information regarding enrollment, premiums, etc.
- Assisting with discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations
- Coordinate flexible spending and other voluntary benefit plan enrollments/changes
- Enrolling employees in appropriate plans in HRP (401K, FSA, Transit, etc.)
- Assist the implementation team with new client implementations
- Assist with other benefits related duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor’ s degree (in a business or human resources context preferred); or successful internal demonstration of required qualifications and competencies
- Previous office experience is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications; advanced Excel skills
- Prior data entry experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required