3300 Golf Road Brookfield, IL 60513
Smart Resources/Accountable Search has joined with a non-profit company in search of an Administrative Assistant.
Located close to La Grange, IL. Compensation ranges from $17-19/hr depending on experience. Temporary role, anticipated to require assistance for 3-6 months, very likely to go longer. Monday through Friday, 7 am - 3: 30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative support: screening phone calls; preparing correspondence, contracts, and documents for public procurement process; working with contractors to resolve deficiencies with supporting documentation; categorize and facilitate the storage of all capital projects paperwork and electronic documents.
- Composing and editing correspondence; manages incoming calls, email, mail, and calendars; coordinating meetings, appointments and guest visits.
- Arranges meetings and handles all related logistics. Schedules and confirms participants, reserves rooms, arranges for necessary audio/visual equipment, materials, and information, advising others of arrangements and schedules as appropriate. May prepare and distribute agendas; take, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes as required.
- Works with business financial software dealing with budgets, purchase orders, invoices and reports, and can manipulate between financial software and Excel.
- Handles a wide variety of confidential information.
- Minimum eight years comparable administrative office experience including budgets; facilities purchasing highly desirable.
- Associates degree in Business or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Fundamental understanding of budgets, budget administration and general accounting principles required; understanding of contracts required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Must have training and experience in database software. Ability to use number key pad for data entry.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work and have an eye for detail and accuracy. Strong follow-up and follow-through skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact genuinely and effectively with diverse, multicultural individuals.
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.