3753 North Troy St Chicago, IL 60618
Smart Resources/Accountable Search has joined with an international family services organization in search of a Bilingual Accountant.
This international not-for-profit organization is located in Chicago is near access to many public transportation options. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the ongoing accounting assignment within the organizations domestic and foreign branches. Candidate will also have completed their bachelors degree preferably in Accounting, and is fluent in both Business English and Spanish. This position supports domestic, as well as, international operations and reports directly to the Controller.
Employees enjoy a competitive compensation package and benefits among other perks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Maintain the general ledger system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; assist with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate the budget process
- Hire, train and supervise accounting staff
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement process improvement suggestions
- Assist in special projects, process improvement, and technical accounting research
- 5 or more years of Accounting and Bookkeeping experience
- Completed Bachelor degree, required; major in Accounting, preferred
- Fluent in Business English and Spanish, required
- Proficient in QuickBooks - entries, reporting, and reconciliation; experience working QuickBooks with different classes-subclasses
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically MS Excel; Advanced experience with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP functions, preferred
- Solid presentation experience
- Knowledge of nonprofit organization, preferred
- Willingness to travel on occasion, depending on project needs
If interested in learning more about Smart Resources/Accountable Search and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Chris Venvertloh, cvenvertloh@AccountableSearch.com.
Job ID Number: 21262 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.