Building Services Lead
One Tower Lane 11th Floor Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Smart Resources, Inc. is a boutique staffing firm specializing in customer service/administrative support. We are currently conduction a Long Term Temporary with potential to transition Direct Hire search for a Building Services Lead for a large, well known company in the Oakbrook Terrace, IL area!
Job Title: Building Services Lead
Job Type: Long Term Temporary (10 months) with the potential to transition to Direct Hire
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Hours: Full Time - standard first shift - 40 hours
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00/hr (dependent on experience)
- Assists Manager, Building Services in day-to-day monitoring of department duties, building operation and directing department workflow.
- Provides back-up coverage as necessary for Building Services Manager and shares responsibility of 24/7 on call status for building issues.
- Assists with ensuring daily mail and package flow including perishable shipments.
- Responsible for maintaining office and hospitality supply inventory, authorizing supply order approvals, and working with vendors to order office supplies and maintain service.
- Responsible for coordination of new hire workplace including set up of office equipment and basic supplies. Educates new employees about location of office supplies and process to order supplies. Work with IS Department to ensure phone set ups are completed.
- Responsible for coordinating and assists with building personnel moves.
- Assists with all conference room and event setups in building.
- Maintains and updates facility management software with accuracy including all asset management.
- Acts as key operator for copy machines and addresses employee questions.
- Coordinates offsite record storage including maintaining documentation, assisting employees with filing and retrieval systems. Acts as main contact for 3rd party vendor.
- Coordinates break room maintenance. Monitors supplies and assures they are replenished as necessary.
- Maintains general storage rooms. Assures rooms are kept organized.
- Conducts offsite business as required (i.e. special supplies or mailings).
- Work on special projects as directed by the Manager, Building Services.
- Assists Manager, Building Services with security procedures, questions and related follow-up.
- Provides back-up coverage as necessary for Building Services Associate and Building Services Assistant including mail sorting, Reception coverage, express mail package delivery, receipt of perishable shipment packages, etc.
- Other projects/duties as assigned or needed.
- Associate degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of facilities management and well rounded general business operations
- Ability to negotiate pricing and services with outside vendors preferred.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Professional telephone skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven follow-up skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum 2 years prior building services or related business experience. Minimum 3 years preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to move furniture and lift boxes of up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend some time in refrigerated space storing perishable product
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone keyboard and talk or hear.
- Requires visual acuity to focus on desktop and/or laptop computer screen.
- Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
**Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly!