600 W Chicago Ave. Suite 620 Chicago, IL 60654-2822
Tech company is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to back-fill a position. Position will likely last through November. The candidate will be consolidating numbers, doing variance analysis, trend analysis, and month-end duties. A strong analytics background and advanced Excel will be required for this position as they will be helping to coordinate the OP (operating plan), manage and consolidate templates, do some basic accounting/close type work, and basic forecasting (like trend analysis). Additionally, they' re open to a junior person like someone who has two solid internships. The group is laid back and mellow as a whole so a level-headed person is needed. We will be sending a case study via email on the client' s behalf, so their knowledge will be tested.
Standard hours are 8-5. Smart casual dress. Not a lot of time to train.
· Build and oversee forecasting models for weekly, monthly, and annual planning processes
· Complete monthly variance analysis to assist marketing and finance leaders in understanding financial results versus plan/forecast
· Manage the monthly accounting close review process, ensuring all entries are booked timely and accurately, and producing variance analysis vs. prior forecasts
· Experienced in Excel and/or Google Sheets
· Detail oriented (accurate formulas, controls within files to prevent errors, etc)
Nice to Have
· Experience building templates from scratch
· Experience coordinating a multi-million budget
· Experience in simplifying accounting and forecasting processes