HR Assistant / Coordinator
965 Corporate Blvd Aurora, IL 60504
Smart Resources Inc. is a boutique, highly-awarded staffing firm located in Oakbrook, IL. We are currently performing a search for an HR Coordinator role on a Temporary to Hire basis! This position is located in Aurora, IL.
Great, innovative company with a wonderful culture!
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Pay Range (dependent on experience) - $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
Perform duties to provide administrative support to Human Resources department, including payroll, benefits, and company communications.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform general administrative functions, including maintenance of personnel and benefits files, coordinate mailings, update policies, draft documents, and send employment notices to relevant departments.
- Distribution of department mail, maintenance of form inventories, pamphlets and office supplies.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits, payroll and systems administration, which includes, but is not limited to, data entry, audits, reporting, preparing forms, updating records and conducting follow-up.
- Serve as the department primary point of contact regarding policies and procedures, payroll and employee benefits.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and vouchers to pay department expenses.
- Process immigration paperwork as needed to assure up-to-date immigration status for parent company employees and their families, as well as other appropriate employees. Audit files and immigration status monthly and main tain all applica ble records.
- Order flowers, gift baskets and/or donations for hospitalized and deceased employees, rela tives, and other individuals.
- Assist in coordinating food service for corporate meetings and events.
- Prepare new hire pre-employment and orientation materials.
- Update and maintain organization chart.
- Maintain legal and other corporate notices on bulletin boards nationwide.
- Maintain office supply inventory and order supplies.
- Act as the primary back-up for the receptionist for breaks and lunches.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- Maintain employee wellness programs
- Maintain and update the monthly and weekly headcount report.
- Maintain the employee recognition program and all other recognition processes.
- Communication Oral & Written
- Customer Focused / Interpersonal
- Quality and Quantity of Work