Logistics Coordinator - Import/Export
3250 Lacey Road Suite 500 Downers Grove, IL 60515
Smart Resources has joined with a growing, innovative company within the electronics industry who is in search of a Import/Export Logistics Coordinator!
This long-term temporary position is located in Downers Grove, IL. This client offers competitive compensation, a positive work environment and a possible opportunity for growth!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record and track data on shipments
- Coordinate shipping from multiple shipping points, including domestic shipments
- Ensure documents are completed for Customs, federal and other border requirements
- Assist with invoice approval with management
- Track inbound shipments
- Communicate with brokers to ensure compliance
- Arrange export shipments with carriers and freight forwarders
- Ensure that all documents are available for customs and FDA clearances
- Inform warehouse of incoming air/ocean shipments
- 2 years' Logistics Coordinating experience
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of international and domestics logistic operation
- Knowledge of supply chain process
- Experience working with carriers or freight forwarders
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Reliable self-starter, willing to take on new responsibilities, learns quickly
- Go-getter, enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Ability to continuously develop and adapt
- Ability to problem solve, anticipate needs, multi-task, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Team player
If interested in learning more about Smart Resources and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.