MW Payroll Specialist
350 North Orleans, 10th Floor Chicago, IL 60654
The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring the biweekly processing of the company’ s payroll. Essential duties include ensuring the accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions and payment of wages to employees. The Payroll Manager directs the activities of a Payroll Clerk.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the accurate and timely payment of wages to employees.
- Ensure that the processing of new hires, temporary workers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Ensure the proper withholding and remittance of federal, state and local taxes and the timely production and distribution of W-2s and 1095s.
- Ensure the proper withholding of employee deductions and garnishments and transmittal to the appropriate authorities.
- Ensure that union contract payroll terms are appropriately adhered to.
- Develop and communicate organization-wide Payroll policies and procedures. Partner with Human Resources in developing and communicating policies and procedures to employees.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience, experience with union contracts is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with payroll system software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Strong mathematical and communication skills.