Play and Learning Supervisor
700 E Grand Ave Ste 127 Chicago, IL 60611
Position Overview: The Play and Learning Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all exhibit and program facilitation for our museum visitors, including daily scheduling, supervision of staff and supportive training. He/she strives to create a welcoming, safe, accessible, playful, and educational experience in the museum to ensure and maintain exemplary guest service for CCM’ s families.
Job Function: Ensures the complete and smooth operation of the museum during public hours, including daily supervision of Play and Learning Facilitators.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise daily museum operation. Complete and distribute daily floor report, accident/incident report(s) and any other necessary information after every shift. Manage any emergency procedures or guest concerns during their shift.
2. Supervise daily assigned Play and Learning Facilitators. Provide necessary information, establish clear expectations, reinforce good performance, improve unsatisfactory performance and foster a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Lead and model staff interaction that supports meaningful Play and Learning for CCM’ s guests.
3. Maintain required professional knowledge and core job skills. Maintains employee confidentiality and the highest of ethical standards. Understands and supports CCM’ s values and strategic vision as demonstrated through staff performance. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings. Administrative duties as necessary or assigned.
Requirements: • Bachelors’ Degree in education, theater, communications or other relevant field is preferred.
• Minimum two years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a fast paced, customer service environment is required.
• A successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and compliance issues of personnel management; skill in effectively resolving difficult customer service and employee relations matters.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and training in providing excellent guest service and strong effective communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergency situations and respond with appropriate action.
• Stamina and physical endurance to work on the museum floor most of the day maintaining quality interaction with museum visitors.
• Experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
• Ability to represent Chicago Children' s Museum in a professional manner at all times.
Hours: part-time(30 hrs) /non-exempt position, including weekdays, weekends, and evenings to be determined by Museum needs.