227 West Monroe, Suite 1000 Chicago, IL 60606
Smart Resources/Accountable Search has joined with a non-profit in search of a Director of Finance. This is a growing non-profit that is building a growing presence in and reaching the community globally.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, problem-solving, leadership, and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Prepare and manage the budget process and develop annual grants
- Provide guidance of long-range plans including strategy development
- Manage cash flow, payroll, monthly closing, and A/P and A/R functions
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Develop and implement accounting policies and new processes
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems
- Produce financial reports on grants and fundraising statements
- Oversee regulatory reporting and ensure it meetings tax requirements and compliance
- Hire, train, and retain competent accounting staff
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting and finance, required
- 5+ years of experience, preferred
- CPA, preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically MS Excel; Advanced experience with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP functions, required
- ERP experience, required
If interested in learning more about Smart Resources/Accountable Search and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Chris Venvertloh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID Number: 66939 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.