Fraud Prevention Specialist
600 W Chicago Ave. Suite 620 Chicago, IL 60654-2822
Smart Resources has partnered with a global e-commerce marketplace seeking qualified candidates to start at the end of October in the River North area for a Fraud Prevention Specialist.
What is Fraud? What will candidates be doing?
- Investigation and resolution of suspected instances of consumer fraud such as the use of stolen credit cards, the fraudulent generation of referral credit, or disingenuous complaints
- Analyze common patterns of suspicious behavior in customer accounts
- Candidates will oversee red-flagging any suspicious activity.
- Suspicious activity includes but is not limited to multiple transactions exceeding a certain dollar amount in a short time frame.
- Activities on the stolen credit card are also red flags.
- Questionable accounts being opened and closed very quickly are suspicious.
- Candidates need strong communication skills in addition to strong follow-up skills.
- Once an account is deemed fraudulent, the candidate will have to follow steps to close the account and refund the victims
- They also monitor and correct all fraudulent credit card transactions, referral points behavior, and dispute charge-backs from all four major credit card providers.
- Monitor and maintain the best practices in several departments by warning and/or removing customers engaging in suspicious behavior
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred, but not required
- The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, has a history of looking through large amounts of transaction and seeing discrepancies.
- Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends as the shifts range from 11am-7pm to 3pm-11pm including weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday and New Year’ s Day and Eve)
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (off Tuesday/Wednesday)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (off Wednesday/Thursday)
They will need to do at least 2 3 PM - 11 PM shifts.
The other 3 shifts can be 7 AM - 3 PM, OR 9 AM - 5 PM, OR 11 AM - 7 PM.
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you! Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you!