4245 West 166th Street Oak Forest, Illinois 60452
Accountable Search is helping a family owned construction company in Oak Forest, Illinois find a Payroll Coordinator.
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input, verify and transmit weekly payroll information into in-house payroll system for union (Ironworkers, Operators, Laborers and Carpenters) and office employees.
- Enter new hires, employee changes voluntary deductions in the payroll system
- Verify and comply with prevailing wages for all unions.
- Collect daily field employee time sheets.
- Manage workflow to ensure all transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Assist employees and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll.
- Distribute checks timely and in accordance with union agreements.
- Prepare and submit weekly certified payroll using LCP Tracker and or paper submission.
- Prepare and submit monthly Utilization, EEO and Trainee Reports.
- Set up new union rates and benefits.
- Report and pay Union benefits, dues, and fringes.
- Prepare and submit the appropriate federal and state returns on a timely basis, such as Fed- 941/Schedule B, IL-941 and 940.
- Prepare and remit weekly wage garnishments/child support payments.
- Ensure Ironworkers are in compliance with random & annual drug test.
- Monitor and ensure timely weekly reporting of all subcontractors
- Audit and maintain accurate holiday and vacation accruals.
- Assist in the preparation for various audits.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of union and certified payroll
- In-house payroll system