Senior Financial Analyst
33 West Monroe Chicago, Illinois 60603
Smart Resources/Accountable Search has joined with a non-profit organization in support of Early Childhood Development in search of a Senior Financial Analyst.
The main function of this role is to report the financial status by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts, and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the budget and spending status of assigned divisions and report on financial results to key stakeholders
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results for monthly, quarterly, and annual submittals
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Ensure that assigned division’ s financial records are compliant with all revenue spend down and accounting requirements
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or finance, required
- 5+ years of financial experience, preferred
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically MS Excel; Proficient experience with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP functions, preferred
- Operational knowledge of general ledger software, familiarity with Microsoft Navision preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Reporting Skills, Informing Others, Financial Skills, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Statistical Analysis, Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy
If interested in learning more about Smart Resources/Accountable Search and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Stevan Alavanja, email@example.com.
Job ID Number: 63631 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.