Sr. Finance Business Partner
200 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, Illinois 60606
Accountable Search is helping a global industry leading consumer goods company in Chicago find a Senior Finance Business Partner.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Senior Finance Business Partner role is to implement and support improvement projects within the financial functions of the Commercial Division Latin America (LATAM). The incumbent oversees month end close for the Commercial Division LATAM, monthly analysis of financial performance and the annual budget process. This person provides periodic forecasting, identification of areas for cost reductions, collections and operational improvements through good financial feasibility analysis.
- Finance Business Partner to the Commercial team (based in Chicago)
- Support Group CFO with adhoc Financial and Strategic analytics
- Finance Business Partner to the LTAM Commercial Sales team
- Finance Lead for the LTAM Commercial entities, including line management of Accounting & Finance team
- Oversee month end close process for entities in the LTAM Commercial subsidiaries.
- Oversee the treasury function handling relationships and funds flow.
- Drive transition from Banamex to HSBC Mexico (Treasury), and set up local Credit card system (US cards used currently)
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities for the LTAM Entities. Research technical accounting standards when needed.
- Drive AR process within the Region, driving debtor day improvements YoY.
- Prepare annual budget for commercial division by LTAM entity.
- Ensure federal and state compliance reporting deadlines, coordinating with professional firms preparing tax filings.
- Serve as a company liaison to external auditors and tax preparation firms.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance required.
- MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience in a multi-national/global environment preferred in LATAM.
- Experience with multi-currency environments is a requirement, MXN currency needed.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the English language and Spanish, spoken and written.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience so there is understanding.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.